All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational aid is about much more than money. The UN Millennium Development Goals and major events like Live 8 have focused the world spotlight on issues of poverty relief and aid like never before, but have t concentrated on the quality of relationships that can make aid succeed or fail. This book, authored by an internationally rewned group of aid practitioners, reveals the contradictions and challenges involved in forging these relationships. International development organizations combine the unbridled play of power and arrogant amnesia with serious and invative efforts to create a more democratic world, to support transformative learning and to strengthen accountability. The book explores recent attempts from within aid agencies to go against the current flow of top-down results based management by learning how to build lasting partnerships that transfer power to those at the receiving end of aid. More than just a critique, the authors offer a practical framework for understanding relationships in the international aid system and look at the relevance of organizational learning theory, which is widely used in business.
- Author BiographyRosalind Eyben is a social scientist with a life-time career in international development policy and practice including in Africa, India and most recently in Latin America. She was Chief Social Development Adviser at the UK Department for International Development, and since 2002 has been a Fellow at the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, index
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRosalind Eyben
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.