All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionRelativistic Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory deals with the single particle relativistic wave equations and the elements of quantum field theory. The Klein-Gordon equation is discussed briefly and elaborately the Dirac equation, its free particle solutions and Feynman's positron theory with a view to emphasize how the intuitive approach of Feynman has ermously simplified the calculations in Quantum Electrodynamics - the interaction of radiation with matter - by the introduction of Feynman diagrams. It is shown that Feynman's approach is equivalent to the other more general approach of quantum field theory and the equivalence of the two approaches has been demonstrated through the S-matrix formalism which leads to the Feynman diagrams by the application of Wick's theorem. How the quantum field theory is stretched beyond quantum electrodynamics to include electro weak interactions and strong interactions and how it leads to the formulation of the standard model of elementary particles are briefly discussed.
- Author BiographyV. Devanathan.: Professor of Nuclear Physics (Retired) University of Madras, Chennai
- Author(s)V. Devanathan
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.