Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me?Relax and Unwind with Yoga is designed to help you reap the full benefits of yoga for practical and emotional wellbeing by following a daily routine that doesn't require a huge amount of commitment. Ideal for the beginner with previous experience, it outlines all the basic/key exercises (asanas) you will need in addition to giving you information on how, where and when to practice them. There is plenty of insight into the philosophical background of yoga and helpful tips on diet and lifestyle. Supporting materials, including a practice diary, will allow you to record your progress, while a list of teachers and sources for taking it further will be useful to all those who wish to deepen their practice.Relax and Unwind with Yoga includes:Chapter 1: IntroductionThe philosophy and goals of yogaThe main paths of yoga - which one is for you?Hatha yoga: ancient techniques for a modern lifestyleBenefits of hatha yogaChapter 2: Starting your practiceStarting your practiceWhen and how oftenWhere and with whomWho can practise yogaWhat you will needSafety measuresChapter 3: The exercises - asanasWarming upStanding and balancing: connect fully with your bodySitting and forward bending: focusing withinBack bends: opening up to the worldTwists: wringing out negativityInverted poses: attain a new vision of lifeRelaxation techniques: winding downChapter 4: Pranayama - working with breathWhy do pranayama? Styles of breathingKapalabhati: purifying the mind and bodyNasal cleansing exercises to enhance your breathing exercises Chapter 5: Yoga lifestylesModeration in all thingsKeeping your life in balanceYamas - your relationship with the worldNiyamas - your relationship with yourselfThe yogic dietChapter 6: Meditation - retraining your mind to let goWhat is meditation?Why meditate?The practicalitiesHow to sitUsing your breathFocusing on soundChakras - bringing your awareness to your higher energy centers Tratak - candle gazingLearn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and added features:Not got much time?One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.Author insightsLots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the authors' many years of experience.Test yourselfTests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.Extend your kwledgeExtra online articles to give you a richer understanding of Yoga.Five things to rememberQuick refreshers to help you remember the key facts.Try thisInvative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographySwami Saradananda has been teaching yoga and offering spiritual/physical leadership for many years, and has run workshops, courses and tours worldwide. She is also a former editor of Yoga Life and an author with wide experience of writing for the general market.
- Author(s)Swami Saradananda
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Note100 b-and-w drawings
- Weight188 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.