All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive yet accessible and even enjoyable book on dealing with stress and anxiety. It examines the nature of stress and anxiety before going on to cover a range of strategies and approaches for dealing with them - the authors recognise that every individual is different and will choose different options. Case studies are included, the issue of medication is addressed and the importance of a healthy lifestyle is highlighted. The authors have drawn on their clinical, research and teaching work in the field, with the result that 'Release Your Worries' makes use of the most up-to-date psychological approaches, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Narrative and Acceptance Commitment Therapy.
- Author BiographyDr Cate Howell is a general practitioner specialising in mental health and counselling for the past sixteen years. She has a consultancy with Dr Michele Murphy, which provides professional and workplace training. In addition, she is lecturer at the University of Adelaide in mental health primary care and grief and palliative care, as well as the manager of the Adelaide North East Division of General Practice, and consultant to the Adelaide to Outback Training Program. She is a past president of the Australian College of Psychological Medicine. Dr Michele Murphy is a clinical psychologist working in private practice. She also lectures for the University of Adelaide and is a consultant psychologist with the Adelaide North East Division of General Practice. Michele currently provides individual and group therapy while also training and supervising psychology students at Masters level.
- Author(s)Dr. Cate Howell,Dr. Michele Murphy
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication17/01/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Note8 figures, 10 black & white tables
- Weight449 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.