All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides readers with an understanding of the fundamentals and applications of structural reliability, stochastic finite element method, reliability analysis via stochastic expansion, and optimization under uncertainty. It examines the use of stochastic expansions, including polymial chaos expansion and Karhunen-Loeve expansion for the reliability analysis of practical engineering problems.
- Author BiographyDr Seung-Kyum Choi earned his PhD in mechanical and materials engineering at Wright State University, OH, USA. His research interests include structural reliability and probabilistic mechanics, statistical approaches to design of mechanical systems, and multidisciplinary design optimization. Dr Ramana Grandhi is the distinguished professor of mechanical and materials engineering at Wright State University, OH, USA. His research interests are in multidisciplinary analysis and optimization, probabilistic mechanics, and metal forming. Dr Grandhi has conducted sponsored research for the US Air Force, US Navy, NSF, NASA, DARPA, GE, GM and Caterpillar. He is a fellow of the ASME and an associate fellow of the AIAA. Dr Robert A. Canfield is an associate professor of aerospace engineering in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), OH. USA. His research interests include structural optimization, multidisciplinary analysis and design methods, uncertainty quantification, structural dynamics and control, and aeroelasticity. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force, where he was the project engineer for the Automated Structural Optimization System (ASTROS), an AFIT instructor, the program manager for basic research in computational mathematics, the chief of plans and budget, and then the director of policy and integration at the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. He is an Associate Fellow of the AIAA, and he chaired the AIAA Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (MDO) Technical Committee for two years.
- Author(s)Ramana V. Grandhi,Robert A. Canfield,Seung-Kyum Choi
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2006
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note42 black & white tables, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.