All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a superbly written, thoroughly researched, and easy-to-read exploration of the overwhelming evidence for evolution found in the DNA of the human species. Since the publication of Darwin's Origin of Species , debate over the theory of evolution has been continuous and often impassioned. In recent years, opponents of Darwin have mounted history's most sophisticated and generously funded attack, claiming that evolution is 'a theory in crisis'. Ironically, these claims are being made at a time when the explosion of information from geme projects has revealed the most compelling and overwhelming evidence of evolution ever discovered. Much of the latest evidence of human evolution comes t from our genes, but from so-called 'junk DNA', leftover relics of our evolutionary history that make up the vast majority of our DNA. Relics of Eden explores this powerful DNA-based evidence of human evolution. The 'relics' are the millions of functionally useless but scientifically informative remnants of our evolutionary ancestry trapped in the DNA of every person on the planet.
- Author BiographyDaniel Fairbanks is a distinguished university professor, research geneticist, and author.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Fairbanks
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.