All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited collection aims to examine religion across: ? historical media forms using a broad concept of media ? contemporary media with a focus on digital forms ? religious traditions ? disciplinary approaches The focus here is on processes of mediation rather than media as such. Religion is seen as intertwined in forms of mediation that possibly transform religious practices. Analytical insights from the field of media studies are brought to bear on religion in ancient media, such as ritual or early manuscript culture. Insights from such analyses provide a strengthened awareness of continuities and discontinuities between the (post-) modern and earlier societies to the study of current media and religion. This book attempts to address issues of religion and media precisely through establishing a cross-disciplinary scholarly dialogue on the subject of religion across media .
- Author BiographyKnut Lundby is Dr.phil. in sociology of religion from the University of Oslo, where he is currently Professor in the Department of Media and Communication. Some of Dr. Lundby's previous publications include Mediatization: Concept, Changes, Consequences (2009) and Digital Storytelling, Mediatized Stories: Self-representations in New Media (2008). He is also a co-editor of Implications of the Sacred in (Post)Modern Media (2006).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKnut Lundby
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.