CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionReason is the greatest enemy that faith has. So said Martin Luther, who launched the Protestant Revolution. And Luther was right! Yet big-name religious apologists-William Lane Craig, Alvin Plantinga, Richard Swinburne-boast that religious faith is reasonable, more reasonable than atheism. In Religion Refuted, author Daniel K. Chaney takes on such boastful claims. All the best arguments for belief in God are laid bare on the coroner's table and subjected to the mind's scalpel. Be forewarned that this is superficial scraping of the arguments. In Religion Refuted, you will witness a rigorous autopsy performed by an energetic coroner who obviously enjoys his work. And you'll enjoy it, too. Caution: This book contains plenty of science, philosophy, and irreverence.
- Author BiographyDaniel K. Chaney became curious about the nature of God at age fourteen while listening to his neighbor preach in the local church. His researches ultimately led him to full-blown agnosticism. After years of studying religion, philosophy, and science, he decided to write a book that critically examines the most popular religious arguments in a casual tone, yet without losing the subtlety of the reasoning. When he's not writing, Daniel can often be seen flying overhead in his ultralight aircraft, as close to heaven as he will likely ever get. You may spot him kayaking or enjoying a cookout with his three grown sons, the only trinity he has ever believed in. Or you may find him hiking through the woods with his wife of over thirty years, his very own angel.
- Author(s)Daniel K Chaney
- PublisherC. H. Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintC. H. Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.