All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionReligion Refuted stands out among atheist books for two reasons. First, it examines the case against religion in greater depth than do most atheist books-guiding the reader on a fascinating journey through the philosophical arguments as well as relevant insights from science and history. Second, the book is richly spiced with humor. Religion Refuted goes beyond pointing out flaws in religious arguments to illuminate the positive side of a rational life. The book is crammed full of intriguing insights into how the human brain works, the foundations of reason, and ways for society to resolve moral conflicts. The reader is taken on a fascinating tour of the universe and an omius preview of its fate. Next is a trip back to the early days of Christianity in search of the historical Jesus. Religion Refuted offers an insightful critique of the three paths to religious belief: natural theology, personal experience, and faith. Religion Refuted is targeted at scientifically literate and inquisitive readers. Be aware that it doesn't offer a dumbed down presentation. By the time the reader gets through the first chapter, it is obvious that this is a thinking person's book. But as the book progresses, the reader increasingly appreciates the author's casual tone, dry humor, and passion for the truth. This book is a fun read.
- Author BiographyDaniel K. Chaney became curious about the nature of God at age fourteen while listening to his neighbor preach in the local church. His researches ultimately led him to full-blown agnosticism. After college, he spent years studying religion, philosophy, and science, and eventually decided to write a book that critically examines the most popular religious arguments in a casual tone, yet without losing the subtlety of the reasoning. When he's not writing, Daniel can often be seen flying overhead in his ultralight aircraft, as close to heaven as he will likely ever get. You may spot him kayaking or enjoying a cookout with his three grown sons, the only trinity he has ever believed in. Or you may find him hiking through the woods with his wife of over thirty years, his very own angel.
- Author(s)Daniel K Chaney
- PublisherC. H. Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintC. H. Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.