All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis first volume of the new series International Bonhoeffer Interpretations (IBI) contains several impulses for translating Bonhoeffer's key ideas on Religion, Religionlessness and the Church into current contexts. These impulses vary from prospects for a Christian university looking at Bonhoeffer's distinction between the 'ultimate and the penultimate things' to an ethical understanding of Bonhoeffer's 'as-if-theology' in the light of Luther's distinction between law and gospel; from a fresh perspective on Bonhoeffer's religionless Christianity in the light of his thought on 'oikumene' to a Christological re-interpretation of repentance as the contribution of religionless Christianity to the task of the Church in the United States of America. The impulses are framed by programmatic contributions suggesting a framework for reading Bonhoeffer in the 21<UP>st century in his hermeneutic exploration of Bonhoeffer's theology and the crises of Western culture, and analyzing 'religionless Christianity' in a complexly religious and secular world.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Stephen Plant is Senior Tutor and Director of Studies at Wesley House in the Cambridge Theological Federation, an Affiliated Lecturer in the university of Cambridge, Faculty of Divinity, and a Senior Member of St Edmund's College, Cambridge. He is a graduate of Birmingham and Cambridge universities and has worked in local ministry and as Europe Secretary for the Methodist Church. He writes regularly for The Times newspaper, and is the author of several books. Ralf K. Wustenberg is Director of the Institute for Protestant Theology and Visiting Professor for Systematic Theology at Freie Universitat Berlin. He is a graduate of Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin (Ph.D. 1995) and the university of Heidelberg (Habilitation 2003). In 1999 he was Research Fellow at the university of Cape Town and in 2002 the Visiting Bonhoeffer Teaching Scholar at Union Theological Seminary, New York. He is author of several books.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- Series TitleInternational Bonhoeffer Interpretations
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byRalf K. Wuestenberg,Stephen Plant
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.