All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this anthology, prominent scholars in the field examine the relationship between religion and communication. Essays discuss the topic from various theoretical, methodological, and communication approaches including health communication, interpersonal communication, intercultural/interracial communication, organizational communication, rhetoric, and media studies. The cutting-edge research gathered here investigates religious ideologies and the role religious beliefs play in public life around the world. The book highlights the extent to which national and international events continue to propel religion into our public discourse, illuminating its critical role in how individuals and institutions see themselves and others. The scope, depth, and richness of the research presented here is critical, in this area of evolving scholarship, to understanding the centrality of religious beliefs and values to the ways we make sense of the world and our experiences in it.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Croucher (PhD, University of Oklahoma) is Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Jyvaskyla. He specializes in intercultural communication and religion. His work focuses on cultural adaptation, conflict, and religion. His book credits include Looking beyond the Hijab and Religious Misperceptions. He has published articles in the Journal of International and Intercultural Communication, the International Journal of Conflict Management, Mass Communication and Society, Communication Studies, Communication Education, Communication Quarterly, and the Journal of Intercultural Communication Research. He has edited Speaker and Gavel and the Journal of Intercultural Communication Research. Tina M. Harris (PhD, University of Kentucky) is Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at the University of Georgia. She is the 2011 Religious Communication Association Scholar of the Year and a University of Georgia Josiah T. Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor (2010). She has published articles in Advances in Genetics Research, Communication Education, Health Communication, The Howard Journal of Communications, International and Intercultural Communication Annual, the Journal of Intergroup Relations, and New Directions for Teaching and Learning, among others.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byStephen M. Croucher,Tina M. Harris
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.