All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early twenty-first century, it is w clear that religion is increasingly influential in the political realm in ways which call into question the principles and practices of secularism. The Iranian revolution of 1978-9 marked the decisive 'reappearance' of political religion in global politics, highlighting a major development which is the subject of this edited volume. Addressing a highly salient and timely topic, this book examines the consequences of political interactions involving the state and religious actors in Christian, Muslim and Judaist contexts. Building on research, the basic premise of this text is that religious actors - including Islamist groups, the Roman Catholic and the Orthodox churches - pose various challenges for citizenship, democracy, and secularisation in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The key questions on which the book focuses are: Why, how, and when do religious actors seek to influence political outcomes in these regions? Providing a survey of what is happening in relation to the interaction of religion and politics, both domestically and internationally, this book will be of interest to students and scholars of politics, religion, European and Middle East studies.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Haynes is Associate Head of Department (Research and Postgraduate Studies) and Professor of Politics at London Metropolitan University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJeffrey Haynes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.