All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionReligion in America: The Basics is a concise introduction to the historical development of religions in the United States. It is an invitation to explore the complex tapestry of religious beliefs and practices that shaped life in North America from the colonial encounters of the fifteenth century to the culture wars of the twenty-first century. Far from a people unified around a common understanding of Christianity, Religion in America: The Basics tracks the steady diversification of the American religious landscape and the many religious conflicts that changed American society. At the same time, it explores how Americans from a variety of religious backgrounds worked together to face the challenges of racism, poverty, war, and other social concerns. Because single survey can ever satisfy the need to kw more and think differently, Religion in America prepares readers to continue studying American religions with their own questions and perspectives in mind.
- Author BiographyMichael Pasquier is Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Louisiana State University. His work on the history of religion in America has been supported by the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Author(s)Michael Pasquier
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.