All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionReligions in the Modern World: Traditions and Transformations, Third Edition is the ideal textbook for those coming to the study of religion for the first time, as well as for those who wish to keep up-to-date with the latest perspectives in the field. This third edition contains new and upgraded pedagogic features, including chapter summaries, key terms and definitions, and questions for reflection and discussion. The first part of the book considers the history and modern practices of the main religious traditions of the world, while the second analyzes trends from secularization to the rise of new spiritualities. Comprehensive and fully international in coverage, it is accessibly written by practicing and specialist teachers.
- Author BiographyLinda Woodhead is Professor of Sociology of Religion in the Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion in Lancaster University, UK. She has published over twenty books, including A Sociology of Prayer (2015), Christianity: A Very Short Introduction (2nd edition, 2014), and Everyday Lived Islam in Europe (2013). Christopher Partridge is Professor of Religious Studies in the Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion at Lancaster University, UK. He is the editor of The Occult World (Routledge, 2015). His research and writing focus on alternative spiritual currents, countercultures and popular music. Hiroko Kawanami is Senior Lecturer in Buddhist Studies in the Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion at Lancaster University, UK. Her recent publications include Renunciation and Empowerment of Buddhist Nuns in Myanmar-Burma (2013) and Buddhism, International Relief Work, and Civil Society (2013, coedited with Geoffrey Samuel).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byChristopher Partridge,Dr. Linda Woodhead,Professor
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.