Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays is selected from presentations at the Second International Conference on Philosophical Theology, the University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Scotland, August 1993. The Conference, sponsored by the Highlands Institute for American Religious Thought, Highlands, North Carolina, includes scholars from the United States and other countries. The Highlands Institute emphasizes the interface between theology and philosophy, with attention to theological efforts utilizing the American philosophical tradition; the history and development of religious thought in America; themes relevant to the Chicago School of Theology, and Naturalism in American religious thought. The St. Andrews Conference focused on relations between religious thought and ecology, but other religious and philosophical topics were also addressed.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Donald A. Crosby received his Ph.D. from Columbia University and is Professor of Philosophy at Colorado State University. In addition to articles in professional journals, he is the author of Horace Bushnell's Theory of Language: In the Context of Other Nineteenth-Century Philosophies of Language; Interpretive Theories of Religion; and The Specter of the Absurd: Sources and Criticisms of Modern Nihilism. Charley D. Hardwick received his Ph.D. from Yale University and is Professor of Religious Studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. In addition to articles in professional journals, he is the author of Faith and Objectivity: Fritz Buri and the Hermeneutical Foundations of a Radical Theology, Religious Truth in the Absence of God, and Events of Grace. A recipient of Danforth, Guggenheim, American Council of Learned Societies, and The Society for Values in Higher Education fellowships, he also served as editor of the American Academy of Religion Aids to the Study of Religion and Studies in Religion monograph series. The Contributors: Frederick Ferre, Nancy Frankenberry, D.W.D. Shaw, Donald A. Crosby, Susan Armstrong, J. Edward Barrett, Noel Boulting, J. Harley Chapman, Hermann Deuser, Lewis E. Hahn, Fred W. Hallberg, Nancy R. Howell, John Howie, Charles S. Milligan, Leslie A. Muray, Jerome Stone, Douglas Sturm, Emanuel S. Goldsmith, Charley D. Hardwick, Yeager Hudson, Tyron Inbody, Patrick Lewin, Mason Olds, Susan Pangerl, W. Creighton Peden, John K. Roth, Dale M. Schlitt, Alan Smithson, Brent Stearns, Everett J. Tarbox, Jr., Lora F.H. Tarbox, William Calloley Tremmel, James Woelfel.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1995
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleAmerican Liberal Religious Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight1030 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCharley D Hardwick,Donald A Crosby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.