All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionA challenge to the belief that modern science was created uniquely in the West and subsequently diffused elsewhere. Through a detailed analysis of kwledge construction in botany, cartography, terrestrial surveying, linguistics, education and colonial administration, Raj demonstrates the crucial role of intercultural encounter and circulation.
- Author BiographyKAPIL RAJ teaches at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris and is a member of the Centre Alexandre Koyre for the History of Science. He has published extensively on knowledge construction through processes of intercultural encounter and is currently working on a book on the urban and intellectual dynamics of Calcutta in the 18th century.
- Author(s)Kapil Raj
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/01/2007
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.