All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionRemaking India is an impassioned critique of India's current ecomic and social situation and argues for a better way to create inclusive development and growth. Arun Maira, one of India's leading business consultants and thinkers, applies the principles of 'scenario thinking' and the 'learning field' to identify some key obstacles to India's holistic growth. Deftly weaving memoir with history, this book discusses India's journey from its birth as a nation, to its more recent liberalized phase. The author examines a broad canvas of concerns, and emphasizes that unless India's growth percolates to its poor and underprivileged we will have a divided and unequal society and nation. He highlights some key steps that are needed to put India on the appropriate growth trajectory. He stresses that businesses must look beyond profits and emphasizes the critical need for collaboration between business and government for nation building, and, presents a conceptual roadmap for India's future, suited to its diverse social, ecomic and cultural needs.
- Author BiographyArun Maira is a thought leader and writer on the subjects of transformational change and leadership. He is a frequent speaker at international forums on the future of India. He writes regularly in the Economic Times in India and other management and business journals. His recent books are Transforming Capitalism: Improving the World for Everyone , Discordant Democrats: Five Steps to Consensus , Remaking India: One Country, One Destiny , and Shaping the Future: Aspirational Leadership in India and Beyond . He was a member of the Tata Administrative Service and worked in several senior positions in the TATA Group in India and abroad for 25 years, including as executive director on the board of Tata Motors from 1981 to 1989. He worked with Arthur D.Little Inc, the international management consultancy, in the USA from 1989 to 1999, and consulted with companies across the world on issues of growth strategies and transformational change. He returned to India in 2000 and was Chairman of The Boston Consulting Group in India. Arun Maira was appointed a Member of the Planning Commission in the Government of India in July 2009. Arun Maira is Chairman of the Quality Council of India, and Chancellor of the Central University of Himachal Pradesh. He has served on the National Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry for many years and chaired several of its national committees. He has served on the boards of several large corporations, as well as social work organizations and educational institutions in India and abroad.
- Author(s)Arun Maira
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.