Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionI think you have a breast cancer. Words that every woman dreads. Words that more and more women are hearing. Words that might mark the beginning of a nightmare. Or maybe a Remarkable Journey. Sue's diagsis wasn't faced alone as her partner Cindy rallied the troops through her Remarkable Journey emails to friends and family. Now collected together with journal entries and other observations, Cindy shares their adventures with a breast that won't stay gone, something behind the stomach that turns into colon cancer, and chemo that can't get started. Determined to engulf the cancer with love, light, and laughter, Sue and Cindy learn the Cancer Dance and ride a wave of love and gratitude through a year that finds them celebrating the wonder of the everyday. With chapters like That ugly ass carcima doesn't stand a chance, Happy are the women dancing in the mud in a flood, and She's t much of a farter on a good day you might rightly suspect this is t a tale of doom and gloom, but rather a story of the gift of grace that turns a year of surgeries and hospitals and doctor appointments into a time of gratitude and celebration. Follow the self-proclaimed burly broads as they vow to do whatever it takes t to lose a single day to worrying about what can't be helped or dreading what might t happen. Instead they dig deep into the glory that every day offers and tap into the wellspring of love that Sue's predicament unearths. This is a book about the cancer experience that offers smiles and laughter, as well as tears. It's a book about wellness, as well as illness. It's a book about love.
- Author BiographyCindy Smallwood and her partner, Sue Klefstad, live alongside the Sangamon River in Central Illinois. The place is celebrated in her two previous books, a willow in watercolor and living on the water's edge. The life is celebrated in Remarkable Journey: The Year the Burly Broads Did the Cancer Dance. It's a good bet there is more celebration to come.
- Author(s)Cindy Smallwood
- PublisherLunac River Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLunac River Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.