All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRembrandt's intriguing painting technique stirred the imaginations of art lovers during his lifetime and has done so ever since. In this book, w revised, updated, and with a new foreword by the author, Rembrandt's pictorial intentions and the variety of materials and techniques he applied to create his fascinating effects are unraveled in depth. At the same time, this 'archaeology' of Rembrandt's paintings yields information on many other levels and offers a view of Rembrandt's daily practice and artistic considerations while simultaneously providing a more dimensional image of the artist.
- Author BiographyErnst van de Wetering is Professor Emeritus of Art History at the University of Amsterdam. He has published extensively on Rembrandt and historical painting techniques, as well as in the field of theory and ethics of conservation and restoration.
- Author(s)Ernst van de Wetering
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1771 g
- Width241 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.