Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.61
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.18
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.76
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.81Trending at AU $8.33
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.62
About this product
- DescriptionJohnny's plans fly out the window when he finds out his single mother is leaving town for the summer. She has a breakthough job in upstate New York. He can live with his Aunt Collette but only on the condition that he help out with his autistic older cousin, Remember. Yup, you heard it right: Remember Dippy. That's his cousin's name--and Remember is a gawky awkward kid with some pretty strange habits, like repeating back almost everything Johnny says and spending hours glued to the weather channel. Johnny's premonitions of disaster appear at first to come to cringeworthy fruition, but when the two boys save a bully from drowning, salvage the pizzeria guy's romance, and share girl troubles, Johnny ends up having the summer of his life.Winner of the Dolly Gray Children's Literature Award & 2014 Skipping Stones Hor AwardShirley Reva Vernick's debut vel The Blood Lie was named on the 2012 Best Fiction for Young Adults list from the American Library Association. It also received the Simon Wiesenthal Once Upon a World Children's Award and Sydney Taylor Hor Book Award. Shirley lives with her husband, two daughters, and two frisky dogs in western Massachusetts. In addition to running a popular storytelling website--storybee.org--Shirley has written for Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Ladies' Home Journal, national newspapers, and the publications of Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Boston universities.
- Author BiographyShirley Reva Vernick's interviews and feature articles have appeared in Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Ladies' Home Journal, national newspapers, and the publications of Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Boston Universities. She also runs a popular storytelling website, storybee.org, which is used in schools, libraries, hospitals and homes all over the world. Shirley graduated from Cornell University, majoring in economics and nutrition, and is an alumna of the Radcliffe Writing Seminars. Her first novel, The Blood Lie, won the Simon Wiesenthal Once Upon a World Children's Book Award; was a Skipping Stone Honor Book; won the Langum Prize for American Historical Fiction, Directors Mention; was the silver medalist for the Sydney Taylor Book Award; and was listed by the ALA for the 2012 Best Fiction for Young Adults. She lives in Amherst, Massachussetts.
- Author(s)Shirley Reva Vernick
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.