All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionJust over 50 years ago, in Little Rock, Arkansas, nine brave black students stood up for their rights and made history. The integration of Central High School in Little Rock changed the course of education in America forever, and became one of the pivotal points in the Civil Rights Movement. In <i>Remember Little Rock</i> award-winning author Paul Robert Walker uses eyewitness accounts and on-the-scene news photography to take a fresh look at a time of momentous consequence in U.S. history. Here, we get the story from all sides: the students directly involved; their fellow students, black and white; parents on both sides; military, police, and government officials. The author uses personal interviews with many of those who attended the 50th anniversary celebration in 2007, and explores what happened, what's changed, what hasn't, and why. This latest addition to National Geographic's popular Remember series also includes a timeline of the Civil Rights Movement, selected postscripts, a guide to resources, and an extensive index. The foreword to this inspiring book is written by Terrence J. Roberts, Ph.D., one of the Little Rock Nine. National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.Visit www.natgeoed.org/commoncore for more information.
- Author BiographyPaul Robert Walker is a former teacher, journalist, and rock musician. He has written more than 20 books, and has been honored by the National Council for Social Studies, the Children's Book Council and Storytelling World. This is his third book in the Remember series, following on the popularity of <i>Remember Little Bighorn</i> and <i>Remember the Alamo.</i> He lives in Escondido, CA.
- Author(s)Paul Robert Walker
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Weight227 g
- Width231 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.