All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage has been difficult for Faith Nolan. Her husband Roger, Pine Ridge's mercantile owner, likes his liquor and turns mean when he indulges. However, it is his unwillingness to help others that grieves Faith's tender heart the most. Nathan Bartlett, the logging-camp owner, has always taken his responsibilities seriously. He offers protection to the residents of the small town, including Roger, on the occasion when the local Indians have risen up against the townsfolk. When Nathan's pre-paid supply shipment doesn't arrive in time, his camp's provisions run dangerously low. He appeals to Roger for help, but the selfish mercantile owner refuses to extend Nathan credit. Horrified, Faith drives a wagon load of supplies to the camp while Roger sleeps off his latest bender. Roger realizes what Faith has done, and, once she returns, beats her unconscious. When she comes to, she finds her husband nearby, dead in a pool of his own blood. While on trial for the murder, Faith finds peace in God's love and witnesses Nathan's true feelings, when he makes a sacrifice for Faith far exceeding anything Roger ever did.
- Author BiographyGinny Aiken, a former newspaper reporter, lives in Pennsylvania with her engineer husband. Born in Havana, Cuba, raised in Valencia and Caracas, Venezuela, she discovered books early and wrote her first novel at age fifteen while she trained with the Venezuelan Classical Ballet Company. She burned that tome when she turned a 'mature' sixteen. Ginny has taught novel-writing seminars and workshops at Harrisburg (PA) Area Community College and Penn State University.
- Author(s)Ginny Aiken
- PublisherTime Warner Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleWoman of Hope
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.