All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionFirst in a series of 4 of Southeastern historical victorian-era cemeteries. Remember Me is more than just pictures, it is the stories behind the memorials that makes this book different from what is currently available on this popular cemetery. A historical photographic look at the people who once called Savannah, Georgia their home and who w rest in one of the most visited cemeteries in the United States; Bonaventure. Bonaventure has history just waiting to be uncovered and the author, through these stories, offers a personal look into the lives of former residents of Savannah. It is the perfect book to take with you as you explore Bonaventure, read before you visit or to read for pleasure. In sharing Bonaventure through photographs and stories, I hope that it will leave you wanting to kw more. Bonaventure Cemetery does t disappoint.
- Author BiographyVera Turner lives in Alabama near her children and grandchildren. She has had a life long passion with personal histories and genealogy. Educated at the University of Portland in Portland, Oregon and at the University of Alabama at Birmingham she majored in both science and philosophy. She is a self proclaimed tadophile and finds cemeteries as a way to make history less abstract and more real. She became fascinated with Bonaventure Cemetery while on a trip to Savannah, Georgia and found herself wanting to learn all she could about the people that are buried there. Walking and exploring the cemetery gave her a respect and love for the past generations and for Savannah's rich history. Bonaventure is like a step back into time that elicits both curiosity and awe. The live Oak trees draped with Spanish Moss give it a eerily haunting feeling and the beauty cannot be denied. This book gives you a glimpse of what awaits those that will put away preconceived thoughts about cemeteries and step through the gates to unsurpassed beauty and history waiting to be discovered and told.
- Author(s)MS Vera a Turner
- PublisherVera A. Turner
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVera A. Turner
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.