All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revolutionary Volkswagen advertising campaign of the 1960s and 70s is universally ackwledged to be the greatest and most influential ever created and was acclaimed as 'the campaign of the century' in the Millennium editions of Time Magazine and the US ad industry bible Advertising Age. Remember those great Volkswagen ads? is the only comprehensive review of this definitive ad campaign. It features a brief history of the iconic Volkswagen Beetle, followed by an account of the birth of the campaign at US ad agency Doyle Dane Bernbach (DDB). This much enlarged and updated edition is illustrated with over 450 reproductions of press advertisements and TV commercial storyboards primarily featuring the VW Beetle, but also the Van, Bus and Camper and finally the VW Fastback and Squareback vehicles. Also included is a new section devoted to the billboards created by DDB in Los Angeles, as well as some of the ads created by their offices in Europe. The book is the result of years of research and numerous face-to-face meetings between the internationally rewned authors and DDB and Volkswagen executives around the world.
- Author BiographyALFREDO MARCANTONIO was Advertising Manager of Volkswagen GB during the early seventies. Inspired by DDB's work on the account, he left to be a copywriter in 1974 and has since worked on many of Britain's most popular advertising campaigns. DAVID ABBOTT began his career as a copywriter at DDB and later went on to found AMV BBDO, which is regarded as one of the most creative agencies in the world. In 2001 he was inducted into the highly prestigious US Creative Hall of Fame. JOHN O'DRISCOLL joined DDB as an art director in 1967 where, together with his writer Dave Brown, he created several of the British Volkswagen ads that appear in this book.
- Author(s)Alfredo Marcantonio,David Abbott,John O'Driscoll
- PublisherMerrell Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMerrell Publishers Ltd
- Content Note450 colour illustrations
- Weight1860 g
- Width205 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.36Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.