All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Jackson's former bodyguards reveal the amazing truths of the late superstar's last years - his life with his children, his financial crises, and the weeks leading up to his shocking death. Hounded by the tabloid media, Michael Jackson spent his final years moving from city to city, living with his three children in virtual seclusion - a futile attempt to escape a world that wouldn't leave him alone. During that time, two men served as the singer's personal security team: Bill Whitfield, a former cop and veteran of the security profession, and Javon Beard, a brash, untested rookie, both single fathers themselves. Stationed at his side nearly 24/7, their job was to see and hear everything that transpired, making them the only two people who kw what 60 million fans around the world still want to kw: what really happened to the King of Pop? Driven by a desire to show who Michael Jackson truly was, Whitfield and Beard have produced the definitive account of Michael Jackson's last years: the extreme measures necessary to protect Jackson and his family; the simple moments of happiness in a time of great stress; the special relationship Jackson shared with his fans; and the tragic events that culminated in the singer's ill-fated comeback, This Is It. An indispensable piece of pop-culture history, Remember the Time is the story of a man struggling to live a rmal life under extraordinary circumstances. It is the book that dismantles the tabloid myths once and for all to give Michael Jackson back his humanity.
- Author BiographyExperts in the field of private protection, Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard served for two and a half years as the personal security team for Michael Jackson and have worked with numerous other high-profile clients, including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs, Alicia Keys, and Shaquille O'Neal. Co-author Tanner Colby is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Chris Farley Show: a biography in the acts, Belushi: a biography, and Some of My Best Friends Are Black: the strange story of integration in America, which was nominated for the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Nonfiction by the American Library Association. He is also a frequent contributor to Slate magazine.
- Author(s)Bill Whitfield,Javon Beard,Tanner Colby
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight445 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.