Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.95Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sleepybearbooks
- Est. delivery by 4 Oct
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.99Free postage
- AU $15.96Free postage
- AU $11.70Was:AU $13.76
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA searing and magnificent picture of Australia at the moment of its foundation, with early settlers staking out their small patch of land and terrified by the harsh and alien continent. Focussing on the hostility between the early British inhabitants and the native Aborigines. Remembering Bablyon tells the tragic and compelling story of a boy who finds himself caught between the two worlds. Shot through with humour, and written with the poetic intensity that characterised Malouf's An Imaginary Life, this is a vel of epic scope yet it is simple, compassionate and universal: a classic.
- Author BiographyDavid Malouf is the internationally acclaimed author of novels including The Great World (winner of the Commonwealth Writers' prize and the Prix Femina Etranger), Remembering Babylon (shortlisted for the Booker Prize and winner of the IMPAC Dublin Literary Award), An Imaginary Life, Conversations at Curlow Creek, His most recent, Ransom, published in 2010, and his autobiographical classic 12 Edmondstone Street. His Collected Stories won the 2008 Australia-Asia Literary Award, and his recent story collections are Dream Stuff ('These stories are pearls' Spectator) and Every Move You Make ('Rare and luminous talent' Guardian). In 2008 Malouf was the Scottish Arts' Council Muriel Spark International Fellow. Born in 1934 in Brisbane, where he was brought up, he lives in Sydney.
- PrizesWinner of International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 1996 and IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 1996.
- Author(s)David Malouf
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication19/05/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight138 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.