All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.16
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $33.84
About this product
- DescriptionGripped by a land boom as frantic as the 1850s gold rush fever, the entrepreneurs of Melbourne in 1885 are making fortunes. Amongst them is Walker J. Handford but his wife, downtrodden Maude, is deeply unhappy and in love with ather man.Meanwhile, disgraced journalist Adam Bailey is exiled to distant East Gippsland to investigate conditions in the region's goldfields. Before he leaves, a detective acquaintance jokes that whenever Mr Bailey pokes his se into things, he stirs up trouble.True or t, Adam Bailey is soon covering a sensational murder case, and for Maude, bravely determined to end her sham marriage, life is destined to change in a sudden and horrifying fashion.
- Author BiographyNara Lake lives in Victoria, Australia.
- Author(s)Nara Lake
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/11/2010
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.