Remote Britain: Landscape, People and Books by David St.John Thomas (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Nov
- AU $11.92Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRemote Britain relishes the ever-changing great landscapes of our island and the people who grow out of them. And the constant surprises. Who realises how sharp are the contrasts to be found within the Isles of Scilly or the Isle of Wight, how remote it is possible to feel in Essex, or how extraordinary is 'Yorkshire's teardrop', Spurn Point, way out in the Humber estuary? As in his acclaimed Journey Through Britain to which this is a worthy successor, Mr Thomas finds remains of railways and even active steam trains in the most unlikely of places, stays in hotels to fall in love with or to hate, and is never short of people to express their own views, as he does colourfully himself in chapters such as In the Footsteps of the Queen Mother. Here is a book to dip into, savour and refer to many times.
- Author BiographyDavid St John Thomas is the author of many books, including a bestselling series chronicling the four big railway companies. He is the founder of the publishing house David & Charles, which he ran for 30 years.
- Author(s)David St.John Thomas
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note16 colour plates
- Weight1240 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.