Remote Exposure: A Guide to Hiking and Climbing Photography by Alexandre Buisse (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThough many hikers and climbers carry cameras with them, they often come away feeling disappointed because their images fail to visually translate their experiences. In Remote Exposure Alexandre Buisse goes beyond the mere basics of photography and gives you the tools needed to create images that are t only of good technical quality but that are compelling as well. This book will guide you through the various options for equipment, since the requirement for lightweight gear that is able to withstand cold, adverse weather conditions presents unique challenges. Learn about the importance of having an efficient carrying system and a logical, planned workflow. Throughout the book you will find advice on where to point your camera and how to compose a strong image. Included are specific requirements for rock climbing, hiking, mountaineering, and camping. More advanced photographic topics are also covered such as digital capture and optimization techniques like high dynamic range imaging (HDRI), paramic stitching, and how to achieve excellent results without a tripod. The pages are filled with over 100 stunning images captured by Buisse as he hiked and climbed through mountain ranges on three continents. Photographers of all levels and those who just appreciate beautiful images are sure to be inspired by this book.
- Author BiographyAlexandre Buisse was born in Lyon, France, and currently lives in Denmark where he is pursuing a PhD in theoretical computer science. Growing up in Lyon meant frequent trips to the Alps, often to Chamonix, which planted the seeds for his love of the outdoors, especially the mountains. He spent countless hours gazing upon the mighty Mont-Blanc, but it wasn't until August of 2009 that he finally stood on its summit. Alexandre began taking a serious interest in photography in 2005-just in time for his 20th birthday-and he hasn't put his camera down since. His initial motivation was to record and share the wonderful views that he encountered while hiking and climbing. Though he also shoots in urban environments, his heart decidedly lies with nature and adventure photography.
- Author(s)Alexandre Buisse
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.