All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionHarold A. Mooney and Richard J. Hobbs At present there is ermous concern about the changes that are occurring on the surface of the earth and in the earth's atmosphere, primarily as a result of human activities. These changes, particularly in the atmosphere, have the potential for altering the earth's habitability. International pro- grams unprecedented in scope, including the International Geosphere- Biosphere Program, have been initiated to describe and understand these changes. The global change program will call for coordinated measure- ments on a global scale of those interactive physical and biological pro- cesses that regulate the earth system. The program will rely heavily on the emerging techlogy of remote sensing from airborne vehicles, particularly satellites. Satellites offer the potential of continuously viewing large seg- ments of the earth's surface, thus documenting the changes that are occur- ring. The task, however, is t only to document global change, which will be an ermous job, but also to understand the significance of these changes to the biosphere. Effects on the biosphere may cover all spatial scales from global to local. The possibility of measuring biosphere function remot~ly and continuously from satellite imagery must be explored quickly and thoroughly in order to meet the challenge of understanding the con- sequences of global change. Initial guidelines and approaches are currently being formulated (Dyer and Crossley, 1986; JOI, 1984; NAS, 1986; Rasool, 1987). There are many conceptual and technical issues that must be resolved H. A. Mooney and R. J.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- Series TitleEcological Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number79
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight510 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHarold A. Mooney,Richard J. Hobbs
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.