All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionA guide for students and professionals, this introductory course book covers the basic principles of remote sensing and its applications in mine environment monitoring. Building from a reader's basic kwledge of mine monitoring, it teaches how to implement remote sensing techniques and how to interpret the acquired data for different purposes. Following a general introduction to remote sensing principles and image analysis, mine subsidence monitoring, slope stability monitoring, reclamation planning and implementation, and post-closure mine and land use analysis are explained and illustrated. With the help of case studies, the techniques and tools presented are demonstrated. With an increasing importance of sustainable mining, this accurate text is intended for the education of university students in mining, civil, geological and environmental engineering. Researchers and professionals in these disciplines may find it beneficial as well to guide their professional monitoring investigations.
- Author BiographyH. Sebnem Duzgun is a professor of Mining Engineering at the Middle East Technical University (METU). She is also affiliated to the interdisciplinary program of Geodetic and Geographic Information Technologies (GGIT) and Applied Mathematics Institute of METU. After obtaining her Ph.D. degree in Mining Engineering Department at METU, Dr Duzgun perforemed research at MIT, Cambridge, USA from 1998 to 1999 and at the Norwegian Geotechnical Institute in Oslo from 2004 to 2005. Her research interests are focused on geographic information systems, mine monitoring, sustainable mining engineering and mine closure Nuray Demirel is an assistant professor of Mining Engineering at the Middle East Technical University (METU). She holds Ph.D.from the University of Missouri-Rolla, USA and graduated at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara. Dr. Demirel has more than ten years of professional experience in research and teaching. Her research interests include include geographic information systems and remote sensing, surface mining, mining machine health and longevity, dragline simulation and modeling, virtual prototyping, kinematics and dynamics of excavators.
- Author(s)H. Sebnem Duzgun,H.Sebnem Duzgun,Nuray Demirel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.