All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe 177 essays in these two richly illustrated volumes represent the cutting edge of Italian Renaissance scholarship in nearly every one of its fields and were gathered to hor Joseph Conrs, Director of Villa I Tatti from 2002 to 2010. Demonstrating I Tatti's pivotal role as the world's leading center for Italian Renaissance studies, the essays cover all the branches of art history, as well as many aspects of political, ecomic, and social history, literature, and music, from the early Renaissance to the eighteenth century. Appropriately, the volumes also include a selection of contributions devoted to Bernard Berenson and his legacy as both a collector and a scholar. Each of the authors--a group representing dozens of countries--was a Fellow or associate of the Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies during the eight years in which Conrs served as Director.
- Author BiographyMachtelt Israels is Researcher in the History of Renaissance and Early Modern Art at the University of Amsterdam. Louis A. Waldman is Associate Professor in the Department of Art and Art History at The University of Texas at Austin.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleVilla I Tatti Series
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintI Tatti
- Content Note128 color illustrations, 442 halftones, 6 line illustrations
- Weight2563 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine102 mm
- Edited byLouis A. Waldman,Machtelt Israels
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.