All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionDescartes's Meditations on First Philosophy, published in Latin in 1641, is one of the most widely studied philosophical texts of all time, and inaugurates many of the key themes that have remained central to philosophy ever since. In his original Latin text Descartes expresses himself with great lucidity and elegance, and there is ermous interest, even for those who are t fluent in Latin, in seeing how the famous concepts and arguments of his great masterpiece unfold in the original language. John Cottingham's acclaimed English translation of the work is presented here in a facing-page edition alongside the original Latin text. Students of classical philosophy have long had the benefit of dual-language editions, and the availability of such a resource for the canical works of the early-modern period is long overdue. This volume w makes available, in an invaluable dual-language format, one of the most seminal texts of Western philosophy.
- Author BiographyJohn Cottingham is Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the University of Reading, Professorial Research Fellow at Heythrop College, University of London, and an Honorary Fellow of St John's College, Oxford. He is co-editor and translator of the standard English edition of the Philosophical Writings of Descartes (1991), and editor of the Cambridge Companion to Descartes (1992), and his own books in this area include Cartesian Reflections (2008). He has also published extensively in the fields of moral philosophy and philosophy of religion.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJohn Cottingham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.