All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterest in renewable energy has never been greater, but much uncertainty remains as to the role the various techlogies will play in the transition to a low-carbon future. This book sets out the facts - how the techlogies work, where and to what extent they are currently employed, and where the greatest potential lies. Covering all the major fields - solar electricity, solar thermal, solar architecture, bioenergy, wind, geothermal, hydropower, as well as new energy techlogies - it also includes sections on how best to promote the uptake of renewables and answers to common questions and opposition. The authors provide a number of German-sourced yet internationally relevant examples and strategies which have become increasingly significant in the promotion of renewable energy in recent years. The convenient layout mixes detailed explanation with clear, take-away facts and messages on each double-page spread. This straight-talking, information filled guide is the perfect primer for anyone who wants to better understand and promote renewable energy, whether in industry, study, policy or campaigns.
- Author BiographyDieter Seifried is director of quadrat, an independent consulting firm (www.oe2.de). He is the author of numerous studies and publications on energy policy and the energy sector and is currently a lecturer at the University of Freiburg for the 'Renewable Energy Management' Masters programme. Walter Witzel is Chairman of Baden-Wrttemberg's Wind Energy Association.
- Author(s)Dieter Seifried,Walter Witzel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NotePhotographs, illustrations, maps, line drawings
- Weight420 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.