All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIt is difficult to identify a defining moment that turned the tide toward less-polluting energy sources, but most people today have a fresh outlook on the environment and realize the importance of conservation. In recent years, a new community of people who want alternative energies for their cars, public vehicles, and houses has emerged. Renewable Energy reviews the current status of techlogies in renewable energy, a critical subject since the world w increases its energy consumption between 1 to 3 percent each year. Covering the current rate of energy consumption and the consequences of continuing this rate, this new book explains how the main conventional forms of energy - including coal, oil, and gas - contribute to ecomies. The focus of this full-color book is the remarkable diversity of ideas that are born every day in the field of alternative energy. The chapters include: Earth's Energy Sources; Recycling; Gasoline Alternative Vehicles; Biorefineries; Invations in Clean Energy; Green Building Design; and, Energy from Solid Biomass.
- Author(s)Anne E. Maczulak
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreen Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & line illustrations, tables & charts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.