CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionFrank Anderson is in the depths of despair. After his selfish wife walks out on him, his long-established dairy herd is horrifically wiped out in front of his eyes in the Foot and Mouth outbreak of 2001. Then a botched suicide attempt is followed by some explosive, life-changing news...Frank discovers he has a grown-up son in London, over from his homeland - Australia - to be with his dying grandmother. A son who subsequently comes to stay with his natural father. How will these two complete strangers get along? And why has the boy's uncle, who coincidentally lives nearby, been disinherited by his own mother? Renewal is an uplifting story, gloriously peppered with vivid, often humorous depictions of all sorts of local characters and describing the daily ups and downs, tittle-tattle and trivia that make up life in a small rural community. The author's descriptive prose whisks the reader along, whilst painting a rich and vibrant portrayal of farming life, the ever-shifting weather patterns and changing seasons in the heart of the beautiful Devon countryside. Howard Lewis takes inspiration from a number of authors, including Thomas Hardy, D. H. Lawrence, John Stewart Collis and Sebastian Faulks. Renewal will appeal to anyone who enjoys a well-written book that is entertaining, occasionally brings a chuckle or a lump to the throat and ultimately lifts the heart.
- Author BiographyHoward Lewis was raised on a family farm in South Devon and has worked on numerous farms in the south west, running his own from 1984 to 2007. He then decided to quit full-time farming to pursue other interests - his main aim to write - and sold up and moved to a smaller holding on the edge of Dartmoor, where he now farms part-time. Howard has written one other novel and is shortly to complete a third. All these works of literary fiction are inspired by, and set on and around, farms in the south west.
- Author(s)Howard Lewis
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.