Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionPierre Auguste Reir (1841-1919) is w universally acclaimed: museums pride themselves on his paintings, crowds flock to his retrospectives. His work shows art at its most light-hearted, sensual and lumius. Reir never wanted anything ugly in his paintings, r any dramatic action. I like pictures which make me want to wander through them when it's a landscape, he said, or pass my hand over breast or back if it's a woman. Reir's entire oeuvre is dominated by the depiction of women. Again and again he painted these faunesses with their pouting lips (Mallarme) and invented a new image of feminity.
- Author BiographyThe author: Peter H. Feist studied art history, history and archaeology in Halle, where he was assistant lecturer from 1952-1958, receiving his doctorate in 1958. From 1958-1981 he worked at the Humboldt University, Berlin, from 1982-1990 he was the director of the Institute for Aesthetics and Art Studies of the GDR Academy of Sciences in East Berlin. Feist has published numerous books on the history and theory of art, including TASCHEN's Pierre-Auguste Renoir and, as co-author, Impressionism. He lives and works in Berlin.
- Author(s)Peter H. Feist
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication26/05/2000
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width187 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.