All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe criminal justice process is dependent on accurate documentation. Criminal justice professionals can spend 50-75% of their time writing administrative and research reports. Report Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals, Fifth Edition provides practical guidance--with specific writing samples and guidelines--for providing strong reports. Much of the legal process depends on careful documentation and the crucial information that lies within, but most law enforcement, security, corrections, and probation and parole officers have t had adequate training in how to provide well-written, accurate, brief, and complete reports. Report Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals covers everything officers need to learn--from basic English grammar to the difficult but often-igred problem of creating documentation that will hold up in court. This new edition is updated to include timely information, including extensive coverage of digital reporting, updates on legal issues and privacy rights, and expanded coverage of forensics and scientific reporting.
- Author BiographyLarry S. Miller is Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at East Tennessee State University. Dr. Miller teaches courses in the area of Law Enforcement and has worked as a police officer, criminal investigator and crime laboratory director. Dr. Miller serves as a member of the board of the National Forensic Academy. John T. Whitehead is a Professor and former Chair in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at East Tennessee State University. He completed his M.A. at the University of Notre Dame and earned his Ph.D. in Criminal Justice from SUNY-Albany. He teaches courses in corrections, criminal justice ethics, and the death penalty.
- Author(s)John T. Whitehead,Larry S. Miller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Weight748 g
- Width235 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.