Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionLesley Stahl's job offer from CBS came with an ultimatum -- if you can't start tomorrow, forget it. The year was 1972, and opportunities for women in network television were rare. With the same determination that would define her career, she promptly departed Boston, went to Washington, and began her ascent to the top of broadcast journalism. In a male-dominated world, Stahl established herself as a scoopster and a door kicker, breaking some of the most important stories in Washington, including Watergate. She would cover the next three presidents, witnessing the disintegration of Jimmy Carter's presidency, the rise and fall and rise again of Ronald Reagan's, and the unpretentious, regular-guy quality of George Bush's. In telling her story, Stahl touches on themes that have defined the later part of this century: the changing role of the press in politics, television's coming of age, and the dilemma of the professional woman. With witty anecdotes, wise observations, and never a hair out of place, Stahl provides an insightful and entertaining look at her world and ours from behind the reporter's microphone.
- Author Biography<b>Lesley Stahl</b> has been a reporter for CBS News for more than twenty-five years. She was White House correspondent for the <i>CBS Evening News</i> during the Carter, Reagan, and Bush administrations; the host of <i>Face the Nation</i> from 1983 to 1991; and has been a correspondent for <i>60 Minutes</i> for the last eight years. She lives in New York City with her husband, Aaron Latham.
- Author(s)Lesley Stahl
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementTouchstone ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.