All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionExtremely rare and extremely important, this fabulously illustrated book was commissioned by the Duke of Cumberland, the victor of Culloden, presented to his brother, King George II, and shows in 94 colour illustrations the uniform of all units and establishments of the British army at that time (1742). As such, it is the official template from which all subsequent uniforms were derived. Found in the Library of the Royal Armouries, Leeds, the book shows the uniforms and accoutrements of the Gentlemen Pensioners and the Yeomen of the Guard, the Household Cavalry and the Cavalry, including the Carbineers and the Dragoons. It also includes the dress of the 1st Foot Guards (Grenadier Guards), the Coldstream Guards and the 3rd Regiment of Foot Guards (Scots Guards). The line regiments are also fully covered, from the Queen's Regiment, the King's Regiment, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, and all the other line regiments then established in the British Army. The Cloathing Book also includes ten regiments of Marines and the Regiment of Invalids. Each plate shows the uniform of the regiment in full, together with (where applicable) horse coverings and the colours of the regiment. This is an exceptional find for Naval and Military Press, and is recommended to all historians of the British Army, and of its uniforms and accoutrements in general. The colour plates are superbly reproduced exactly as they appear in the original, which has been professionally scanned for colour matching.
- PublisherNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNaval & Military Press Ltd
- Content Note94 full page coloured plates (of uniform)
- Weight295 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.