All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis graduate textbook presents the basics of representation theory for finite groups from the point of view of semisimple algebras and modules over them. The presentation interweaves insights from specific examples with development of general and powerful tools based on the tion of semisimplicity. The elegant ideas of commutant duality are introduced, along with an introduction to representations of unitary groups. The text progresses systematically and the presentation is friendly and inviting. Central concepts are revisited and explored from multiple viewpoints. Exercises at the end of the chapter help reinforce the material. Representing Finite Groups: A Semisimple Introduction would serve as a textbook for graduate and some advanced undergraduate courses in mathematics. Prerequisites include acquaintance with elementary group theory and some familiarity with rings and modules. A final chapter presents a self-contained account of tions and results in algebra that are used. Researchers in mathematics and mathematical physics will also find this book useful. A separate solutions manual is available for instructors.
- Author BiographyThe author is Professor of Mathematics at Louisiana State University.
- Author(s)Ambar N. Sengupta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight593 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.