All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of Samuel Bak depicts a world destroyed and yet provisionally pieced back together. Across nearly seven decades of artistic production Samuel Bak has explored and reworked a set of metaphors, a visual grammar and vocabulary, that ultimately privileges questions. Bak's pictorial readings invite reconsideration of the Post-Reformation privileging of word over image, and of the Post-Enlightenment privileging of reason over experience. Bak preserves memory of the twentieth century ruination of Jewish life and culture by way of an artistic passion and precision that stubbornly anunces the creativity of the human spirit.
- PublisherPucker Gallery,US
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPucker Gallery,US
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byDanna Nolan Fewell,Gary A. Phillips,Yvonne M. Sherwood
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.