Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionScholars already saturated with moral commentary on new reproductive arrangements are in for a stimulating surprise. For, this volume breaks new ground, scrutinizing their impact at a more penetrating level and challenging the terms of the dominant debate...It should set a standard for further work and receive the attention of mainstream thinkers and policy makers that it so richly deserves. -Human Studies ...a valuable contribution to the literature in an important and rapidly evolving area of law and applied ethics. -Ethics ...virtually every essay is thought-provoking and well-informed, and together they address just the topics you'd want to see covered-as well as a few you might t have thought of. -Medical Humanities Review ...extremely interesting reading for all those who are involved in, or wish to kw more about, the moral, social and policy consequences of new reproductive techlogies. -Biosocial Science This thought-provoking collection of essays addresses moral and legal questions revolving around modern human reproduction...an invaluable resource for any family law practitioner. -The Women's Advocate Editor Callahan presents a fascinating look at the facts, facets, and legal effects of modern techlogy on reproduction...A work that provides insight on all issues concerning reproduction. -Choice [The book] is a valuable contribution to the literature in an important evolving area of law and applied ethics. -Ethics ...displays the richness of feminist scholarship. It points the way for a fuller appreciation of the varied voices of feminist analyses in many other areas. -Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law ...a comprehensive, compelling and carefully researched volume. This is applied feminist ethics at its very impressive best. -Journal of Medical Ethics Essays address moral and legal quandaries related to human reproduction, adding to the feminist dimension of the public discussion of these issues, including: new complexities in contraception and abortion techlogies; frozen embryos, unwed fathers, and the legal definition of parenthood; and the use of fetal tissue.
- Author BiographyJOAN CALLAHAN is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Kentucky. She is the editor of Menopause: A Midlife Passage and Ethical Issues in Professional Life and the co-author of Preventing Birth: Contemporary Methods and Related Moral Controversies.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/01/1996
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight738 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJoan C. Callahan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.