All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionAbout 95 per cent of all kwn animal species are invertebrates. A kwledge of their sexual, reproductive, and developmental biology is essential for the effective management of species that are ecomically useful to man or are harmful to him, his crops, and livestock. This treatise is the first to cover all aspects of reproduction and development of the entire spectrum of invertebrates -- terrestrial, marine, freshwater, brackish-water, free-living, and parasitic. The chapters, by leading world experts in their fields, are up-to-date and informative, and suggest a number of problems for future research. Asexual Propagation and Reproductive Strategies, issued in two parts, is the sixth volume in the series. Part A: Porifera through Mollusca Contents Series Preface; Preface to Volume VI; Systematic Resume of the Invertebrates; Porifera, Paul E. Fell; Cnidaria, Stanley Shostak; Platyhelminthes-Turbellaria, Mario Benazzi and Giuseppina Benazzi Lentati; Platyhelminthes-Trematoda, Roy M. Anderson; Platyhelminthes-Eucestoda, Larry S. Roberts and C. R. Kennedy; Mesozoa, Bayard H. McConnaughey; Rotifera, John J. Gilbert; Gastrotricha, M. R. Hummon and W. D. Hummon; Acanthocephala, C. R. Kennedy; Sipuncula, Mary E. Rice and John F. Pilger, Mollusca, N. W. Runham; Species Index; Subject Index. Part B: Annelida-Clitellata through Cephalochordata Contents Series Preface; Preface to Volume VI; Systematic Resume of the Invertebrates; Annelida-Clitellata, B. Christensen; Tardigrada, Roberto Bertolani; Arthropoda-Crustacea, T. J. Pandian; Arthropoda-lnsecta, J. Muthukrishnan; Pentastomida, J. Riley; Bryozoa Entoprocta, C. Nielsen; Brachiopoda, S. H. Chuang; Chaetognatha, A. Alvari?o; Echidermata: Asexual Propagation, Philip V. Mladev and R. D. Burke; Hemichordata, J. A. Petersen; Cephalochordata, Jaypaul Azariah; Species Index; Subject Index.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors Dr. K. G. Adiyodi is Professor of Reproductive Physiology and Dean, Faculty of Science. Calicut University, Kerala, India. He is Founder-Secretary of the International Society of Invertebrate Reproduction, Founder-Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Invertebrate Reproduction and Development, and Founder-President of the Indian Society of Invertebrate Reproduction. Popularisation of science and technology among the masses and their application for rural development has been a passion for him: he is the Founder-Secretary of and the prime moving spirit behind the formation of the Kerala Sastra Sahitya Parishad in 1962. The organisation is now the largest and the most popular mass science movement in India and has won several national and international awards for its activities and achievements. Since 1986, Prof. Adiyodi is heading the Desiya Sastra Vedi (National Science Forum), a think-tank, apolitical in character, closely monitoring and critically evaluating state policies and programmes in science and technology. Dr. Rita G. Adiyodi, formerly Rhodes Visiting Fellow, Somerville College, Oxford (1976-78), is Professor of Zoology at Calicut University. She served as President of the Crustacean Reprobiology and Aquaculture Bureau of India and as Vice-President of the Indian Society of Invertebrate Reproduction. Dr. Rita Adiyodi represented India on the International Committee of Comparative Endocrinology. Both editors have been working extensively on reproduction and growth biology of arthropods for nearly three decades. They have written and edited several books and published about one hundred and eighty research papers and advanced reviews.
- Author(s)K. G. Adiyodi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/1994
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleReproductive Biology of Invertebrates
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight826 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRita G. Adiyodi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.