All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRepublic is the central work of the Western world's most famous philosopher. Essentially an inquiry into morality, Republic also contains crucial arguments and insights into many other areas of philosophy. It is also a literary masterpiece: the philosophy is presented for the most part for the ordinary reader, who is carried along by the wit and intensity of the dialogue and by Plato's unforgettable images of the human condition. This new, lucid translation by Robin Waterfield is complemented by full explanatory tes and an up-to-date critical introduction. ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful tes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
- Author BiographyRobin Waterfield is a distinguished translator and author. Previously a consultant editor for Collins-Harvill, his translations of Plato include Philebus (1982), Theatetus (1987), Early Socratic Dialogues (1987), and Symposium (WC, Jan, 1994).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight377 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Volume editorRobin Waterfield
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.