Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this collection combine fresh interpretations of well kwn literary texts by leading critics (such as Frank Kermode, Sandra Gilbert, J. Hillis Miller, Barbara Hardy, Tony Tanner, and many others), those critics' retrospective thinking about their individual professional development, and an implicit communal reflection on changes on the critical and cultural scene of our times. It shows a transition from closed systems to more open configurations and from a view of texts as automous to complex interactions between text and context. Within the latter framework, ethical, social, ideological, political (feminist, post-colonial), psychoanalytic, and biographical dimensions of various texts are explored.
- Author BiographyThe Contributors: Barbara Hardy, Meir Sternberg, Zephyra Porat, Baruch Hochman, Shuli Barzilai, Gavriel Ben-Ephraim, Robert M. Polhemus, J. Hillis Miller, Leona Toker, Regenia Gagnier, Gershon Shaked, Robert Tracy, Hana Wirth-Nesher, Murray Baumgarten, Alexander Gelley, Frank Kermode, Mark Kinkead-Weekes, Sandra Gilbert, Emily Miller Budick, Tony Tanner, James Kincaid.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight570 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byShlomith Rimmon-Kenan,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.