All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis heartwarming book is for those who appreciate tales of adventure, overcoming adversity, and the strong relationships formed between dogs and their people. --Library Journal, starred review While hiking on a solo vacation in a remote, uninhabitable region of Arizona, Zachary Anderegg happened upon Riley, an emaciated puppy clinging to life at the bottom of a 350-foot canyon. In a daring act of humanity that trumped the deliberate savagery behind Riley's presence in such a place, Zak single-handedly orchestrated a delicate rescue. Zak and Riley's destinies were intertwined long before they improbably found each other. For much of Zak's childhood, he was at the bottom of a veritable canyon himself--a canyon in which imprisoning depth and darkness were created by bullies who just wouldn't quit and parents who weren't capable of love. When Zak found Riley, the puppy's condition bespoke his abusers' handiwork--three shotgun pellets embedded beneath his skin and teeth turned permanently black from malnutrition. The meeting was one of a man and a dog singularly suited to save each other. As a former US Marine sergeant, Zak was one of only a few people with the mettle and physical wherewithal to get Riley out. And in rescuing him, Zak was also attempting to save himself, conquering the currents of cruelty that swelled beneath his early life and had always threatened to drown him.
- Author BiographyZachary Anderegg joined the Marines after graduating high school and served from 1994--1998, achieving the rank of Sergeant E5. He has appeared with Riley and his wife, Michelle, on Inside Edition, The Today Show, and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He resides in Renton, Washington. Pete Nelson received his MFA from the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop and is the author of the novel I Thought You Were Dead and numerous nonfiction titles, including Left for Dead. He resides in Westchester, New York.
- Author(s)Zachary Anderegg
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note20 color photos
- Weight285 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.