Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to provide an introductory but t simplistic guide to research in the social and behavioural sciences. The book sets out to tackle difficult issues and concepts in a scholarly but accessible manner, providing ample guidance and signposts to further reading. We explore a wide range of questions about research and research methods, including: * What counts as good research? * Research approaches, paradigms, methods and methodology: what are they and what is the difference? * What is the so-called qualitative/ quantitative? * When and where is quantitative research indispensable? * If one suggests that research should be scientific what does that mean? * What methods and methodologies are used in social research? * What is the role of statistics in social and behavioural research? How should statistical evidence be interpreted? * What are the ways in which research can, and should, be disseminated and presented? This book is aimed as much at the reflective, researching professional as for the professional researcher.
- Author BiographyJerry Wellington is a professor in the School of Education at the University of Sheffield, and has authored and edited over a dozen books Marcin Szczerbinski is a lecturer in the Department of Human Communication Science at the University of Sheffield.
- Author(s)Dr. Marcin Szczerbinski,J. J. Wellington
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/10/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.