All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch Methods and Statistics: An Integrated Approach by Janie H. Wilson and Shauna W. Joye offers a completely integrated approach to teaching research methods and statistics by presenting a research question accompanied by the appropriate methods and statistical procedures needed to address it. Research questions and designs become more complex as chapters progress, building on simpler questions to reinforce student learning. Using a conversational style and research examples from published works, this comprehensive book walks readers through the entire research process and includes ample pedagogical support for SPSS, Excel, and APA style.
- Author BiographyJanie H. Wilson I received my Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina in 1994. Since that time, I have been teaching and conducting research at Georgia Southern University. In the classroom, I specialize in teaching and learning in statistics and research methods. Research interests include rapport in teaching based on empirical data on the first day of class, electronic communications, interactions with students in a traditional classroom, syllabus design, and the development and validation of the Professor-Student Rapport Scale. Publications include two recent texts with Sage: An EasyGuide to Research Presentations and An EasyGuide to Research Design and SPSS. I have had the pleasure to contribute numerous chapters to edited books and have co-edited several books related to teaching and learning. I publish extensively on the scholarship of teaching and learning and have offered over 60 conference presentations, including several invited keynote addresses. For 2016, I am honored to serve as the President of Division Two of APA. My primary initiative is sharing the science of psychology with students and the general community. Dr. Shauna Joye I earned a B.S. in Biology from Georgia Southern University and a Ph.D. in Psychology from Florida State University. During graduate and post-doctoral training, my research and clinical work focused on early childhood learning, attention disorders, temperament, and autism spectrum disorder, with an emphasis on measurement of these constructs. Currently, I am a faculty member at Georgia Southern University, and I examine clinical interventions to enhance self-control, including empirical research in mindfulness. I also work with combat veterans to determine the impact of therapeutic wilderness experiences on wellness. Finally, I continue to pursue a long-standing commitment to teaching and learning through scholarship in that area. I enjoy working with undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in learning more about the process of research, from study design and analysis to APA-style writing. Outside of teaching at Georgia Southern University, I maintain a private practice where I work as a child and adolescent therapist. My association memberships include the American Psychological Association, Society for Teaching of Psychology, Wilderness Medical Society, and Association for Psychological Science.
- Author(s)Janie H. Wilson,Shauna W. Joye
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight703 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.