All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Haslam and McGarty's best-selling textbook, Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology, provides students with a highly readable and comprehensive introduction to conducting research in psychology. The book guides readers through the range of choices involved in design, analysis, and presentation and is supplemented by a range of practical learning features both inside the book and online. These draw on the authors' extensive experience as frontline researchers, and provide step-by-step guides to quantitative and qualitative methods and analyses. Written in an accessible and engaging style, this text encourages deep engagement with its subject matter and is designed to inspire students to feel passionate for the research process as a whole. This second edition offers: * A comprehensive guide to the process of conducting psychological research from the ground up - covering multiple methodologies, experimental and survey design, data analysis, ethics, and report writing * An extensive range of quantitative methods together with detailed step-by-step guides to running analyses using SPSS * Extended coverage of qualitative methods *'Research Bites' in every chapter: thought-provoking examples of issues raised by contemporary society and research * An extensive range of additional learning aids in the textbook to help reinforce learning and revision * A host of on-line resources for instructors and students available on publication at www.sagepub.co.uk/haslamandmcgarty2e. Electronic inspection copies are available for instructors.
- Author BiographyS. Alexander Haslam is a professor in the School of Psychology at the University of Queensland, Australia. Craig McGarty is a social psychologist whose main work is on intergroup relations especiallly social identity, collective action, group-based emotions and stereotype formation. He worked for 16 years at ANU where he was Head of the School of Psychology before moving to Murdoch University in 2007 to become Director of the Centre for Social and Community Research and then to become Director for the Social Research Institute. He moved back to Canberra in 2012 but continues to work 100% for Murdoch University.
- Author(s)Alex Haslam,Craig McGarty
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Foundations of Psychology Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight953 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.